|LOCATION :||Oceania, islands in the South Pacific Ocean, southeast of Australia|
|POPULATION :||4,035,461 (July 2005 est.)|
|GDP :||$97.39 billion (2005 est.)|
|SIZE :||268,680 sq km|
|LANGUAGE :||English (official), Maori (official)|
|MAJOR INDUSTRIES :||transportation equipment, banking and insurance, food processing, wood and paper products, textiles, machinery, tourism, mining.|
WHY STUDY IN NEWZEALAND?
1. New Zealand has an international reputation as a provider of quality education. More than 20,000 international students studying at all levels of the education system enjoys studying in New Zealand, famous for its amazing scenery- a fun place to visit and a superb study destination.
2. New Zealand has an international reputation offering safe learning environment which provides excellent study opportunities and support services for international students. Campuses are highly international, with students from all corners of the globe studying and socialising together. Students come from Europe, South East Asia, the UK, North Asia, Japan, South America, India, and Australia, amongst many others.
3. The living costs and cost of university study in New Zealand compare favourably with those of other countries and their universities.
4. New Zealand bases its education programmes and degrees on the world’s most recognised and accredited education system - the British system.
This is supported by an integrated education system in which students attending New Zealand schools and New Zealand English language schools find it easy to make the transition to the next level of education.
5. There are seven state-funded universities in New zealand, all of them internationally respected for their academic and research standards. In addition to a centrally co-ordinated system of quality assurance audits (the New Zealand Vice Chancellors’ Committee (NZVCC)), at both institution and programme level, each university undertakes internal quality checks.
6. New Zealand offers students the most prestigious education system in the world without the expense and inconvenience of living in the Northern Hemisphere. New Zealand has a number of centres of excellence, leading the world in fields such as biotechnology, forensic science and marine engineering. The programmes, courses and degrees are internationally renowned for producing graduates who take a practical, innovative and contemporary approach to there chosen careers. They enjoy the latest educational resources and technology. Some New Zealand institutions are internationally recongnised for producing Nobel Prize winners and world leaders in a growing number of fields.
Thus, New Zealand is becoming first choice for an increasing number of international students seeking quality education.
TYPE OF QUALIFICATIONS IN NEWZEALAND
• National Certificates
• National Diplomas
• Bachelors Degree or Graduate Diploma
• Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate or Bachelors with Hons.
• Doctoral Degree
UNIVERSITIES IN NEWZEALAND
1. The University of Auckland
2. The University of Waikato
3. Massey University
4. Victoria University of Wellington
5. University of Canterbury
6. Lincoln University
7. University of Otago